Welcome to UniversityEstates.com
UnivesityEstates.com is a website owned and operated by RJ Mueller, a resident of University Estates since 1993. This is my personal blog which I consider my diary that records events that occur that I find relevant.
UniversityEstates.com is not affiliated with, owned, or operated by University Estates HOA and is not endorsed or approved by University Estates HOA. Visit UniversityEstates.org for official information. The opinions expressed on this site are those of RJ Mueller, a homeowner in University Estates, and do not reflect in any way those of the HOA or the board of directors.
For official documents and other information please go to the official UniversityEstates.org site. Another site I maintain is http://FixMyRoadway.com. There you can read all about traffic in this area so go there if you have an interest in knowing about the traffic issues in East Orange County and what is being done to address those issues.
Enjoy the blogs posted on this site as you will find an immense amount of information related to University Estates that will be posted as time moves on. Also enjoy a tour of the community in this short video.
On a side note, I have been asked why I own UniversityEstates.com and if it is legal. I can assure you it is legal. There are many sites that are not owned by the entity you would think would own them such as http://www.stateofflorida.com/. There is a disclaimer on this site that says, "StateofFlorida.com is not affiliated with, owned, or operated by the State of Florida and is not endorsed or approved by the State of Florida. Visit MyFlorida.com". So my disclaimer reads, "UniversityEstates.com is not affiliated with, owned, or operated by University Estates HOA and is not endorsed or approved by University Estates HOA. Visit UniversityEstates.org. The opinions expressed on this site are those of RJ Mueller, a homeowner in University Estates, and do not reflect in any way those of the HOA or the board of directors."
Why do I own this site? I own this site because in 2007, I decided it was time to get involved in University Estates. Before that I was not involved at all. I remember a couple years after we moved into our house in 1993 I was on the board for just one tour. This was when the developer still controlled the community and the board meeting were dominated by the developer. From there until 2007 I was not involved. The reason I became involved was because I was not happy with the current board and the way things were run. The place was in poor shape and in my opinion was not run well. So I checked the domain, UniverstiyEstates.com, and saw it was available and bought it. I used it to document every board meeting that I attended in order to give the homeowners a way to read what was going on and understand the community. This went on for about a year and when the election was held, I and four other homeowners were elected to the board. All of the previous board resigned that still had terms remaining so it was a complete board change. I have been involved with UE ever since and have done what I can to make it the best it can be. I think we have done well but still have a few things to do.
We are very proud of University Estates. It is one of the premiere communities on this side of town and because of it's close proximity to UCF makes our homes very desirable. You will not see a home on the market very long inside University Estates as people want to live here. The stateliness of the community with the brick walls, lakes and oak trees give it a very upscale feeling that we all enjoy. If you are reading this and are thinking about moving to this area, please drive through and enjoy our wonderful community.
- University Estates (21)
- Landscape Master Plan for UE – down the rabbit hole
- University Estates needs a Canopy Tree Plan (Landscape Master Plan)
- As promised – Brick Walls 101
- Another precious oak tree in UE about to be destroyed
- Oct 4th budget meeting – Dues at $204 per quarter next year
- Email to board with budget recommendations
- A spectacle at the HOA Board Meeting on Thursday, Sept,13th
- Some good did come from the tree that was cut down
- Cost of Management Company
- The hidden battle: Oak Trees vs Brick Walls … and then … HUMANS
- NextDoor Post: Oak trees removal will be discussed at the board meeting tomorrow night
- Should the board approve cutting down a 30 year old, “mature” and healthy oak tree?
- 11/30/2017 Board Meeting Update
- 11/20/2017 – Issues that need to be addressed
- 11/18/2017 – 2017 Annual Meeting Recap
- 11/14/2017 – UE Monitoring and Fining – $1,000 per violation
- 4/21/2017 – Legal Opinions
- 4/20/2017 – Multiple tenants parking in the streets
- 4/19/2017 – Parking in the streets and towing
- 4/18/2017 – University Estates Rental Proposal